Employment at Jesuit
Thank you for your interest in employment at Jesuit College Preparatory School of Dallas. The hiring season for Jesuit is typically January through May, with employment commencing around August 1. Job openings will be listed here on a regular basis; if you are interested in working at Jesuit you should check back here to determine what is available. Those interested in having their application on file may submit it to the Office of the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications should include your resume and letter of intent.
The policy of Jesuit College Preparatory School of Dallas is to recruit, hire, train and promote employees without discrimination based on race, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Job Title: Advancement Office Manager
Jesuit College Preparatory School of Dallas, a 70-year old institution, offers young men in grades 9-12 an excellent Catholic education in the classical Jesuit tradition with the purpose of forming a community of men of high moral principles and service to others. With nearly 1,100 students, 9,000 living alumni, 125 faculty and staff, and thousands of supporters and friends, Jesuit Dallas is a nationally recognized secondary educational institution. In addition to a full academic curriculum, a robust performing arts program, nationally-competitive debate and robotics programs, and a strong Texas 5A athletic program, community service is a hallmark of Jesuit Dallas. Students participate in the largest, most comprehensive high school community service program in Texas and one of the largest nationwide.
The Office Manager is responsible for promoting a positive and organized environment for all who visit and/or contact the Jesuit Dallas Office of Advancement. This position is also responsible for providing comprehensive administrative, clerical, programmatic and event support to the Advancement staff. The Office Manager would not have supervisory responsibilities, but may assist in directing the work of students or vendors as necessary. The position requires the individual to be skilled in basic customer service and prioritizing tasks in order to be able to direct the flow of visitors, phone calls, emails, appointments, etc.
- Serve as the first point of contact to the Office of Advancement by receiving, greeting and directing visitors
- Provide general department support and customer service through the coordination of mail distribution, phone coverage, data entry and basic document creation
- Monitor and maintain office supply inventory, business machines and applications, department lists and meeting calendars
- Assist with special events including but not limited to: MAGIS Golf Classic, Homecoming Weekend, President’s Reception and alumni reunions
- Make reservations such as travel arrangements or lunch reservations as necessary
- Serve as the administrative assistant to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement and all director-level positions on the Advancement staff.
- Coordinate special department projects and other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Institutional Advancement
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, have excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills. The ability to multi-task as well as work in a dynamic environment is essential to function and satisfaction. Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
High school diploma required; college degree preferred.
Physical demands include moving reams of paper and supplies, coolers with food and beverage, light cleaning, and re-organizing of supply closet and other office spaces.
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (occasional nights/weekends)
- Hours per week: 40+
- Compensation (commensurate with education and experience) and a full benefits package
- No Travel Requirements
Please submit resume with cover letter to email@example.com.
Jesuit Community Job Board
If you are an alumnus of Jesuit Dallas or the parent of a current or former student, log in to access the Jesuit Community Job Board. Please list any positions you have available or search for an opportunity that's right for you.