Jesuit College Preparatory School of Dallas
Director of Advancement Services
Jesuit College Preparatory School of Dallas (Jesuit Dallas) is a private, college-preparatory school for young men under the direction of the Society of Jesus. Located on a 27-acre campus in North Dallas, the school provides a rigorous student-centered education to approximately 1,100 students in grades 9-12. A highly regarded and nationally prestigious college counseling department is one of the reasons that Jesuit Dallas has enjoyed a 100% graduation rate as well as a 100% college attendance rate, with 91% of the graduates attending the first college of their choice. In addition to a full academic curriculum, the School fosters an expansive and distinguished list of programs and extracurricular activities.
The Director of Advancement Services serves as chief information officer for the Advancement Office and leads the effort to effectively and consistently make use of data and technology. The Director is responsible for planning, development, coordination and daily management of the activities within Advancement Services, including prospect research and records and gift processing, in support of the offices of advancement, alumni relations, annual giving, communications, and events.
Oversee Advancement information systems including consultation and planning, operations, procedures, maintenance, data integrity and training for staff. (50%)
- Ensure timely, accurate responses to requests for information from the Raiser’s Edge database. Prioritize and accommodate competing requests for services according to established departmental and school priorities.
- Proactively exercise independent judgment to determine how best to utilize the Raiser’s Edge database to provide accurate information for the formation and execution of Advancement strategies. Recommend and produce analyses of trends in pledge and gift data, and financial accounting.
- Establish protocols and procedures to protect the integrity of the data in the database. Update and maintain the accuracy and currency of records according to accepted standards, periodically assessing the “health” of the database.
- Provide technical training for department staff, including use of the Raiser’s Edge, recommending training programs. Counsel staff on how best to use data effectively to accomplish the mission of the department.
- Train and direct Advancement staff members involved with data entry, maintenance, retrieval, and report generation and analysis.
- Implement and promote a customer service philosophy among all staff in the Advancement Services department in meeting the information needs of the school.
- Oversee on-site troubleshooting of software and hardware concerns.
- Assess current and future departmental information services needed, anticipating and planning for growth in utilization of the database to meet department needs.
Manage prospect research and records areas. (20%)
- Supervise a comprehensive program of research on individuals, corporations and foundations that are prospects for significant financial support or can in other ways help to advance the school. Oversee efforts to vigorously gather, interpret, analyze, evaluate, disseminate and store information about Jesuit Dallas constituents so that it is most useful in meeting the long and short-term goals of the department and the school.
- Prioritize donor research requests from advancement staff to provide data and analysis of prospect activities, interests, philanthropic engagement, and financial capacity. Ensure that all research completed meets the highest standards of confidentiality, quality, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Manage a system of new prospect identification, proactively expanding the pool of potential prospects, bringing to the attention of the development staff those that offer the greatest promise of return.
- Promote the integrity of the database through accurate record keeping and the supervision of an effective prospect management system.
- Serve as project leader for donor screening and implementation and use of results.
Oversee gift and pledge processing systems, and serve as primary liaison between Finance and Advancement departments. (30%)
- Supervise the processing and recording of gifts and pledges in the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Manage the production of all pledge reminders, including mailing and responding directly to all follow-up questions. Collaborate with school staff to refine and improve the pledge reminder system that encourages donors to fulfill pledge commitments while maintaining positive relationships with those donors.
- Oversee production of Annual Report of Gifts or any other surveys or gift or donor accounting.
- Serve as primary liaison to the Finance and Foundation departments on areas of mutual concern including the annual audit, accurate gift crediting and receipt procedures.
- Serve as primary liaison with Advancement and volunteer organizations that need assistance in online fundraising and event registrations.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervise Advancement Gift Processor(s).
Internal/External Contacts: Extensive contact with numerous school employees at all levels. Some contact with alumni, parents and friends of the institution. Some contact with consultants, vendors, auditors and professional colleagues.
- A Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred); minimum of four years’ professional experience
- Proficiency in fund-raising software, preferably Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge, and data-entry processes, and familiar with computer hardware and software programs used in database management.
- Knowledge of donor relations, adherence to ethical standards and protection of donor right’s.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines, and work cooperatively with staff and constituents.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exhibit good judgment in making independent decisions concurrent with school policy.
Submit a cover letter and resume to Natalie Devero (email@example.com).