Publications & Media /
Social Media Guidelines
The Internet and social media networks – like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter – are important channels of communication for the community. The following guidelines have been developed to assist with posting from official channels.
We ask that all existing and future accounts, including social media and websites, using Jesuit Dallas' name are catalogued with the Director of Communications, James Kramer.
The keys for success are to be honest, thoughtful, personable and respectful:
- Know your Audience: Social media is public speech. While your message may be for a target audience, recognize your actual audience is much broader.
- Think before you post: Use common sense, and exercise discretion, good judgment and thoughtfulness.
- Be Respectful: Users can discuss and disagree with others, but remember to always be respectful of other’s opinions. Keep all discussion civil and thoughtful, and always remember that you are representing Jesuit.
- Use Patience: Remember that at times online communities can be volatile and it is best to always take the higher ground. Respond in a tone that represents Jesuit’s values and report overly negative or inappropriate messaging to the school administration.
- Be accurate: You should always make sure you have all the facts before you post. If you make an error, make a correction quickly and publicly.
- Be relevant: Post news, events and items that are germane to your audience. Fresh content: Keep content interesting, new and up to date.
- Do not spam: Avoid unnecessary repetition that could be perceived by your audience as spam.
- Be transparent: Clearly identify your association with Jesuit Dallas.
Official Jesuit Dallas Twitter Accounts